Decorations

I am not much of a holiday decorator. While I wish I had this skill, I must admit that I've never been interested enough in decorating to get good at it. And if I do start thinking about where to put this garland, or those decorative pinecones, or that Christmas candle ... I get overwhelmed. So I just stick Christmasy stuff in different places around the house and call it a day.

I'm the same way with decorating in general. We have a lovely suburban home, but there are almost no pictures on the walls because I don't know where to put them. I would love to paint, or add some "wall art," or even rearrange some furniture ... but I feel helpless to know what goes where, so I don't do anything. I could be like most people and try several different ways to see what works best, but that takes time, and honestly? I'd just rather read or play the piano. The walls can wait till another time.

I would love to have someone come over and tell me what to do--what color to paint the walls, where to hang the pictures, where to put the couch. I would be willing to pay good money for that, if I had good money to spare. There's something about the right colors and the right pictures and the right placements that can make a home go from looking like a dorm room to looking like a home.

I continue to feel exhausted today and am going to the doctor tomorrow morning to see if they can figure out what's going on. It might be menopause. It might be depression. It might be allergies. It might be all three, with oh, I don't know, a sleep disorder thrown in. Hopefully I will find out something tomorrow.

This picture of our mantel makes me laugh because it gives the impression
that I am a good decorator. I really appreciate my mom picking out the garland
last year. If I'd been shopping alone, I never would have thought to buy it.

Comments

  1. Its the warmth you create with people that makes a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry! I do my best--but I'd still like to make things more "homey"!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment