Lent photo project 2020, day 29: go

Funny that this is today's word because of course no one is going anywhere nowadays. Maybe at the beginning of this imposed staycation some of us were having fun, relaxing, wearing pjs all day and watching Netflix.

But now we're having to do weird things like turn face to face classes into online classes, download and learn how to use Zoom, look for toilet paper (where is it?! where is it?!), and stand in line to get into the grocery store.

We cough and wonder if we're sick. We scratch our faces and say "doh!", we thought we were washing our hands before but now we realize, no, we were only half washing our hands. It is a bizarro world for sure.

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9

I didn't have to think twice for today. I love this verse. Moses has just died and Joshua is now going to take the Israelites into the Promised Land. Forty years ago, they were here, and they were supposed to enter, but they were too timid, they were too scared, they did not think God would do what He said He would. And so they wandered for forty years.

And now this is a new generation, and God tells Joshua not once, not twice, but three times, Be strong and courageous. Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid, do not be discouraged. For The Lord will be with you wherever you go, even if you go into the bizarro world of going nowhere.
This is a picture of me today. I meant to make it easy on you guys by having it taken before I left for my run, but I forgot, so here I am in my sweaty glory.

I hope everyone is getting some good exercise! It's getting nice outside!


Comments