Lent Photo Project Day 19: Celebrate

This is the day that the Lord has made;
    let us rejoice and be glad in it. - Psalms 118:24

With all that's going on with the coronavirus, I haven't felt much like celebrating today. We had such a nice little gathering for Dan's birthday last night, and I can't help but wonder how long it will be before we can gather like that again.

Earlier today, Dan sent out an announcement that the Georgia-Carolina Council of the Boy Scouts will be shutting down for a while. I've been checking Facebook and email to see the latest from Scout's school district; so far, school has not been canceled, but we expect that it will be soon. Church was canceled this morning, as were many others in the area. I appreciated the online service Wesley made available, but I missed being with my "family" there.

Still, each day is its own gift, with its own mercies. And today I have many things to rejoice and celebrate: good neighbors, Beethoven, the ability to take a long walk, leftover pie, and family, to name a few. And, of course, the God who is the source of all of these gifts.

Today's photo: Dan, collecting Monopoly rent from Scout. This is how they've spent the past hour or so this Sunday afternoon.

Comments