Lent Photo Project, Day 26: Celebrate


Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth; break forth into joyous song and sing praises! Sing praises to the Lord with the lyre, with the lyre and the sound of melody! With trumpets and the sound of the horn make a joyful noise before the King, the Lord! Let the sea roar, and all that fills it; the world and those who dwell in it! Let the rivers clap their hands; let the hills sing for joy together before the Lord ... — Psalms 98:4-9a


This morning was Wesley's first official online worship service. I wasn't sure how it would go; I knew it would feel weird to watch while wearing my church pajamas. But it was wonderful! I did not realize until last week what a shot in the arm the weekly worship services are.

Our music minister Jeff led the reduced choir in "Lamb of God," with Elaine, our wonderful pianist, accompanying. As soon as I heard the opening notes, I ran to grab my choir folder so I could sing along. Dan was like, "I didn't know you could sing!"

So today I am celebrating the technology that allowed this worship service to happen, and all of the people who contributed to the effort. It was a blessing for me and many others.

Here is a link if you'd like to see it.

Comments