Lent Photo Project, Day 33: Celebrate

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven ...
a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing ... 
(Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4-5)


This photo is of my sweet little neighbor, E. I love this kid. She has the most beautiful touch on the piano, and she always, always, always has a hug for me.

The picture is from our last real gathering with our neighbors, several weeks ago, when we celebrated Dan's birthday. Social distancing had just started, and I'd seriously thought about canceling our little get-together. In the end, I didn't cancel, and we had a wonderful time. We celebrated on "Pi Day," so people brought pies and the kids played Pie-in-the-Face (hence the whipped cream all over E's forehead!).

Since then, we've seen our neighbors here and there, chatting "across the fence," so to speak. Scout's played with the kids a few times, but we've since stopped that. Scout cried a lot last night because she's missing her friends, and I didn't blame her. I miss them too. I miss their moms and dads. Heck, I even miss their pets. And I really miss my E. hugs.

For now, though, it's a time to refrain from embracing. And who knows -- perhaps times of weeping and mourning await us in the weeks ahead. But I'm definitely looking forward to the celebration we'll have once all of this is over and we can hug our friends and neighbors once again.

I'll be so happy that I'll look like E. in this picture ... minus the whipped cream!

Comments