Celebrate

There was definitely a spirit of celebration in the air (for me, anyway) as my husband and I took a gaggle of neighborhood kids on a bike ride yesterday. (I don't do bikes, so I jogged the four miles.) The rules: Stay on the right side of the road; stop and wait for the slow jogger at the stop signs, and stay at least 10 feet apart from each other.

It was so good to hear those children's voices! So good to be out in the sunshine, running, and seeing my daughter and her friends enjoy each other's company, albeit from 10+ feet apart! Spring has definitely been springing here in Georgia, and the flowers are blooming everywhere. People were outside, too; we went past several friends' houses and got to wave and say hello.

This isn't a great picture; I had to take it quickly because my bike-riders were getting farther ahead of me every second. My daughter is in the front (blue shirt), and my husband is in the back. Far behind all of them is me, the slow jogger with the zoom lens!

Comments

Post a Comment