Lent photo project 2020, day 47: worship

Lent photo project day 47: celebrate

"The angel said to the women, 'Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified. He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.” Matthew 28: 3-7

This was the strangest and in some ways hardest Lenten season I've experienced. Things were turned upside down, and then shaken around, in a matter of minutes. Essentially, everyone observed and is still observing Lent. We have all had to give something up and some of us have given up a lot. As this season comes to a close, and we who follow Christ celebrate our risen Saviour, I extend to all of you, my friends, eternal blessings from above. I hope that even if you are one of those who has lost something during this time, that you also gained something, something more valuable. I hope you reconnected with old friends, family members; I hope you got to look, really look, at your neighbors, your networks, the people who comprise your world. I hope you had time to sit back and think about what you really love, and more importantly, who you really love. I hope you meditated on time, the time you've had, the time you will have, and the time you have now. These are some of the things I have meditated on this season. 

May you all make the most of your time now, may you dig deep and reconnect with old friends, people who helped to ground you, and may you build more friendships. May you become more beautiful, as you see the beauty in others. Lastly, may you be filled with peace, the peace that transcends understanding.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


Comments