Lent photo a day project 2020, day 41: dawn

"Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed." Mark 1:35

I think it is so impressive that even Jesus had quiet times. This is one of my biggest struggles--finding time in my day, every day, to spend with God.  Always, my days get away from me and at the end, I am tired, sleepy, and I think I'll just make sure I do it tomorrow.

I know myself well enough to know not to make plans to wake up at dawn to spend time with God, but I really need to make some time for Him, and not right before I'm about to go to sleep. I am not saving my best for Him, I am giving Him my dregs.

May we all find time for Him, for prayer and Bible study and meditation.

Another quarantine photo (obviously). I'll try to find something more interesting tomorrow, maybe on my run. :)

Comments