Lent photo project 2020, day 46: wait

Today, to me, would have been the hardest day to be a Christian back in Jesus' time. I imagine what it would have been like--my leader, my Lord, in whom I had trusted in and followed, for whom I had given up everything, had been arrested, tortured and crucified.

I would have been horribly sad, but I also think I would have started wondering, doubting. Did I put my money on the wrong horse? Was this the wrong thing to do? Was He who He said He was?
And then, ultimately, I think I would have started thinking--they killed Him...would they come after His followers? Of course they would. Would I hide and where would I go? Would I pretend I didn't now Him?

It was a terrible time of loss for Jesus' followers back then. They didn't know what was going to happen. They had no idea. Everything they had believed seemed to be gone.

Waiting. Waiting. Anyone who has been in the waiting room of a hospital awaiting news about a loved one can tell you waiting is one of the hardest things to do.

I imagine that this would have been the blackest of days for me had I been alive back then.

The first and only of the quarantine home haircuts for us. Poor Toby waits patiently as an unskilled amateur cuts his hair. Didn't turn out too badly. LOL

Comments