Lent Photo Project, Day 41: Dawn

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
    and give thanks to his holy name.
For his anger is but for a moment,
    and his favor is for a lifetime.
Weeping may tarry for the night,
    but joy comes in the morning. (Psalms 30:4-5)

Today's word is a perfect opportunity to post a beautiful photo of the sun rising. Alas, I've been bombarding y'all with beautiful horizon pictures for several days, so I'm doing something a little different today.


This is almost the first thing I see every morning. After I wake up and get my coffee, I cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and a pillow on my lap (for holding my book or my notebook). A minute later, Miss Ruthie jumps up and settles in next to me. It's just about my favorite time of the day -- usually around 4:00 or 4:30 a.m., when no one is up, and no one's going to be up for another three or four hours.

I love these verses from Psalm 30 because they remind us to praise God whether things are going well or not, and to remember that joy will come.

An aside: I knew the line "Joy comes in the morning" as a child (maybe from a song?) and for years thought it was "Joy comes in the mourning." As a kid, I thought that was just the coolest paradox ever, joy coming in the mourning. I was actually disappointed to learn that is was "morning" and not "mourning."

But they both kind of work, don't they?

And that, friends, is all you're going to get out of me today. I've been buried in Illustrator and am eager to get back to it. Until next time ...

Comments