Architecture

This is the Sydney Opera House. I took this picture from the window of our hotel. (Pro-tip—several years ago, I started paying extra for the view in our hotel rooms and it is totally worth it!) It is not the only picture that I took, of course, as we stayed near this area and walked past it numerous times a day. We were able to take pictures of the inside too, as we did a tour. 

The Sydney Opera House and every other beautiful piece of architecture makes me think of the ultimate architect. God built and designed everything, every living thing, and every non-living thing. His design if flawless, even if his creations are not. 

Because I am not gifted in any sort of arts or design, I appreciate so much all the thought and planning required to build even the simplest of structures. Building something that functions well is enough of a challenge, but building something functionally superior that also looks fantastic? That is truly a feat.

I did study science, though, and again, I find myself amazed. The design of insects and microorganisms, to large mammals, to space and the universe and everything in between. It is just an enormously unfathomable feat, and each creation done with such detail and precision. 

This is the God we serve, the God of all creation. I feel so unimportant when thinking of God in this manner, and yet, amazingly, He loves me specifically and cares for me. He sees each and every one of us, and He hurts with us and rejoices with us.

How truly remarkable He is!

"For every house is built by someone, but God is the builder of everything. 'Moses was faithful as a servant in all God’s house,' bearing witness to what would be spoken by God in the future. But Christ is faithful as the Son over God’s house. And we are his house, if indeed we hold firmly to our confidence and the hope in which we glory." Hebrews 3: 3-6



Comments