Celebrate

This is the biggest weekend in our year! My third daughter's birthday and my wedding anniversary fall on the same day, and Mother's Day is always this weekend as well. Usually, there is a dance competition or convention this weekend so I am never really able to full celebrate. But this year, of course, we are all home so it was nice!

Our usual birthday tradition in our family is to go out to eat, with the birthday honoree chosing the restaurant. Also though, with Mother's Day, I also choose. So I choose the lunch place and my daughter chooses the dinner place. My husband and I celebrate our anniversary later, just to spread out the celebrations. And also because getting a reservation for a restaurant on Mother's Day weekend requires a lot more planning than I am willing to do. 

In fact, this is the reason why for Mother's Day I usually pick places no one takes their mother to for Mother's Day. This is usually burger joints or, as has been the case for years now, my favorite Vietnamese restaurant. It's a great place but very mom and pop, not fancy at all.

Here is the food from Mother's Day meal. The stew in the pot is called canh chua. It's one of my favorites!

Comments