Earth

He covers the sky with clouds;
    he supplies the earth with rain
    and makes grass grow on the hills. (Psalms 147:8)

In western North Carolina, following a good spring or summer rain, you're likely to find mushrooms growing here and there along just about any hiking trail. We used to go hiking just to find and photograph mushrooms, back when I lived up there. I've never liked eating mushrooms ... but I love to look at them. And I love to photograph them--I must have hundreds of mushroom pictures on my phone. Here's one of them.
I realize mushrooms don't have a lot to do with Psalm 147:8 on the surface. But when I saw that today's theme was "earth," my immediate thought was to post a picture of mushrooms. They grow from the wet dirt, they smell and taste earthy, and they always seems like a kind of miracle to me.

Comments