Hidden

Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?” He answered, “I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.” Genesis 3:8-10 

Is this but the human condition? Sinning and then hiding from God? As if hiding somehow negates the sin? 

How many times have I done things that I knew weren’t the best for me, but I just convinced myself that they were okay, that there were worse things, that God was really cool about it. Hiding in sin, trying to get away with it.

But when I come clean with God, when I confess and ask forgiveness, there is peace and restoration, love and acceptance. 

I just got these storage boxes. They are good for hiding…er…storing things.




Comments