Ocean

I am a beach bum. I've loved the ocean since I was a little kid and I still love it now. I live in a landlocked city with lakes and rivers which I appreciate but don't love as much as the ocean. So I always try to get to the beach at least once a year. I'd love to live at the beach, and have fantasized about retiring at some beach. 

What do I love about the beach? Everything. The feel of the sand, the taste of the salt water, the wind blowing through me, the sun, the smell of freshness, the never-ending blue. I imagine going forever on the ocean, rolling around and around. I love getting a beach front hotel room and listening to the sound of the surf. In the Caribbean, the nights are so pleasant, I try to get a ocean front room up in the higher floors and leave the door open a bit at night so that the sound of the water lulls me to sleep. 

I love the gentle Caribbean and the strong surfing type beaches and everything in between. Even if there is no shore, just rocks, or even if there is too much seaweed to walk on the shore, just being there is happy enough for me.

This is where I see, hear, smell, taste, and feel God. 

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ,  and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God." Ephesians 3:17-19




Comments