Sandwich

My favorite sandwich is the banh mi. A Vietnamese sandwich, it uses a French baguette and the filling is most commonly pork that was rubbed with fish sauce and lemongrass and then grilled. Condiments include lightly pickled carrot shreds and daikon, cilantro, jalapeƱo slices, and a light spread of mayo. It is delicious and has become popular worldwide. 

I wish I could eat a banh mi every day, but making them involves several steps. Making the meat, then pickling the veggies, then actually remembering to get the baguettes and cilantro from the market, as these are not staples for me. 

I've just started a new Bible study that is also a little bit complicated. Reading the verses, listening to the podcast comments and then writing down my own thoughts. Lots of steps, and sometimes I wish I could just skip some of the steps. But of course, I just don't get as much out of it when I do that.

Really investing in studying the Bible is totally worth it, even if it requires a lot of steps. Researching, meditating on, and praying over the Word of God, savoring the time spent with Him, filling up with His Spirit--it is even better than a banh mi. That is really saying a lot. ;-) 

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."--Psalm 119: 105


Comments