Vehicle

I live in a city that is hugely car-dependent. Our public transit system is improving but is really behind the times, compared to other similarly sized cities. We have one bus system and that is it, no trains. 

I suppose too, we all like the independence and convenience that comes from having our own individual cars. 

Imagine being an Israelite in the days of Moses. Led out of Egypt and then going somewhere in some time with some people. Being completely dependent on their respective tribal leaders. 

And....being completely dependent on God. For everything. Their food, their water, their path.

In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted. So the cloud of the Lord was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the Israelites during all their travels." Exodus 40:36-38

Imagine not even going anywhere because the cloud didn't lift. It could have been a fine day, but if the cloud didn't lift, they didn't move. 

Dear Lord, please help me depend on You to lead me in my path. Please be my vehicle, take me to where I need to be.

I run in the park sometimes early in the morning. This is a picture of the parking lot and the sun shortly after sunrise.




Comments