My Country

America has been my home country for all but 5 of my living years, but Vietnam is also home. I don't really know why, but you know how when doing a large jigsaw puzzle, there are pieces that "almost" fit somewhere but don't because that is not the right piece for that spot? That is what America is for me. I feel like I almost fit in America.

But Vietnam--when I'm there, I can just feel that puzzle piece go right in that spot, that final snap when the right piece is in its right place.

I don't think I can ever live in Vietnam because of the government, but I love visiting, just to breathe that air and feel like I'm home-home, instead of just home.

Imagine how much better heaven will feel! That is home-home-home!

These are pictures from our Vietnam trip in 2017. These specific ones are from Saigon.






Comments

Post a Comment