Thankful

And he said to them, “Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while.” (Mark 6:31)

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. On Wednesday, we drove to North Carolina, and on Thursday, we had Thanksgiving dinner with my parents, my sister and her family, and my brother. On Friday, we drove back to Georgia, getting home in the late afternoon.

On Saturday, my brother Jonathan and his family, who live in Northern Virginia, came to visit for a few days. While we didn't have another Thanksgiving dinner, we had a wonderful time catching up with Jonathan and Jessie and the kids. We'd planned to visit them in Virginia last May, but that trip got canceled because of the pandemic.

So it was a good few days, but a busy time. Or maybe I should say it was a busy time, but a good few days. Either way, I must admit that I enjoyed some quiet time at home with the cats Friday night.

While I'm thankful for my family, and while I felt particularly thankful to see them this Thanksgiving, I'm also thankful for my periodic quiet times, and for the much-needed mental rest they provide.

I think the cats are thankful for my quiet times, too!

Ruthie is the calico, and Buddy is the yellow cat.
Those are my feet under the green blanket at the top of the photo.

Comments