Work in Progress

Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, for the gain from her is better than gain from silver and her profit better than gold. (Proverbs 3:13)

I am definitely feeling more like a "work in progress" and less like a "pretty far along, almost completed work" these days. Life has gotten busy, and, thanks to some life changes, I've been very tired for several weeks now. Exhausted, in fact. It's hard to wake up on time to do my Bible study in the mornings, and too often I seem to be rushing through them.

I got a break last Wednesday, taking advantage of the vacation day to sleep a little later than usual and spending more than my usual time on Bible study. I purposely put myself a few days "ahead" in our Bible Recap schedule, which would allow me to miss a day or two here and there in the future. And then I went and missed Saturday, and I almost missed today. This morning, I didn't wake up until 6:30, so I only had time to listen to the Proverbs overview and read the assigned first three chapters.

While I could have skipped today's reading altogether (thanks to my now-one-day cushion), I didn't want to because I love Proverbs so much. So I did what I could and planned to return this evening to listen to the Bible Recap and take my notes on that.

The consolation I'm taking here is that I'm at least on the right path. I'm pursuing the wisdom and knowledge of God, and I'm growing closer to Him and becoming more aware every day of who He is ... even as I struggle to slow down and savor His word.

Notes from Phase I (reading and note-taking) of this morning's reading from Proverbs. Later I'll listen to the Bible Recap podcast and add a few more notes.


Comments