Candy Cane

 (Posted on 12/29/2020 ... catching up after too many days away from the computer!)

I was too tired to make Christmas cookies this year, so I made the simplest thing ever: peppermint bark. You basically melt some dark chocolate, add some peppermint and vanilla extract, melt some white chocolate (or some green candy melts, which is what we had on hand, left over from Halloween), add more peppermint extract, and then sprinkle crushed candy canes and flaked sea salt on top. Wait an hour, and voila! You have delicious peppermint bark (or "Grinchy Peppermint Bark," as I named ours).

I'd never made this before, but I'll definitely be making it again. I found the recipe in last year's (November-December 2019) Bake from Scratch magazine. In fact, here is the recipe I used. I highly recommend it for Christmas gifts!

Comments

  1. Looks delicious! Like easy and festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! Tasted like those Andes Mints they hand out at Olive Garden!

      Delete

Post a Comment