Ornament

Today's photo is of a Christmas ornament from 1979. The woodcut is of St. James Episcopal Day School, where I was a student from Pre-K (1974) through fourth grade (1980). The photo on the back is my fourth-grade school picture.


My memories of St. James are so warm and happy. I loved everyone there: Our principal, Mrs. Terry; the music teacher, Mrs. Prudhomme; the P.E. teacher, Coach Newman; the priest, Father Coleman; and all of my teachers--Mrs. Phillips, Mrs. Butler, Mrs. Lantz, Mrs. Evans, Mrs. Kaufman, and Mrs. Schmidt. We wore black-watch plaid jumpers and navy or white socks, and we weren't allowed to wear tennis shoes. The playground was mostly sand and concrete and metal monkey bars that probably wouldn't be considered safe today, but we did okay.

No deep thoughts for today, friends--just a bit of nostalgia. I continue to feel too exhausted to think, so much that I'm surprised I was able to string a few words together for this entry.

Comments