Tree

Even now the axe is laid to the root of the trees. (Matthew 3:10a)

My apologies for the out-of-context verse. This post isn't really about that.

With "tree" being the word for the day, I know I should post a Christmas tree picture--but I took this sunrise picture this morning from my bedroom, and I want to share it instead.

Some of those trees are no longer there; one was leaning toward the house, and several had roots that were growing under the house, so they quite literally had to get the axe. The tree and stump removal people drove up just as I was leaving for work this morning.

I could write so much about trees, but I'm dealing with severe fatigue again today and am having trouble concentrating. So instead I'm going to share this lovely article on trees. As I wrote on Twitter when I shared it there yesterday, I remember learning all of this in my college botany class and getting manic over the miracle of it.

Comments