Lent Photo Project Day 31: Write

Longing for the days when I had time to write this much each morning!

This time last year, both Anh and I were pumping out one Lent reflection a day, complete with nice photographs each time. This year? Life's been a whirlwind for both of us. I've had so little time for writing or reflection, and it's been frustrating. We've both kept up with our Bible Recap reading (we are about 72% of our way through the Bible!), but it has been a challenge at times. I am remembering my long, slow days through the Pentateuch, and am wondering how I had time to read not one but three translations of the reading each day, whereas now I seem to barely have time to read Haggai and make a few notes. I haven't even thought about posting Lent reflections.

Life has gotten busy, that is true. We've put our daughter into a few activities because she was falling in love with the couch, the TV, and my phone. This means that we have riding lessons on Mondays, guitar on Tuesdays, and volleyball one or two other days each week. I've had some family issues that have required me to be out of town several weekends lately, and that's left me with less energy than I need to start each new workweek. We've also had car troubles, prompting some interesting and somewhat stressful last-minute arrangements for transportation from place to place.

And so much feels undone. I have boxes that need to be unpacked, flowerbeds overgrown with weeds, and much laundry to be done. I feel isolated from church simply because we've been out of town every weekend. And then we'll be there this Sunday but we won't be there two Sundays after that (including Good Friday/Easter weekend, which saddens me). I haven't had much time for friends because we're running around so much.

I'm not sure why I'm writing all of this; it doesn't feel quite right to have this on the Then a Gentle Whisper Blog. So let's write about some of the good things that are happening.

One, I'm still doing my morning Bible reading. I know I've already mentioned that, but it bears mentioning twice. It's one thing I've refused to give up.

Two, I'm taking a class in biblical hermeneutics and am loving it. One secondary (or maybe tertiary) goal for the class was to see if it would be feasible--given my job, my role as a mom and wife, and my schedule in general--to take a class for credit in the fall. The answer to that seems to be (disappointingly) a big, fat NO. The class has been great, and while I've managed to keep up, it's been a challenge. If I were required to, you know, actually write things to turn in, and take quizzes and tests and things like that, I would be lost.

My daughter is taking guitar and playing volleyball for the first time, and it's been a delight to watch. She's struggled with both, as she has no experience with either, but she is learning. Also, after what has been a hard year for her, she seems to be enjoying school a little more.

I am a great aunt! On March 3, little Ivy was born. She's in Ohio and it will be awhile before I can meet her, but I'm thrilled that she's finally here!

My company has a number of bluebird houses around the grounds, and I'm in charge of checking one of them each week. And I'm happy to say that a Carolina Chickadee has moved in and begun building a nest.

So that's my exciting life. I really don't have that much of an excuse for my lack of posts here, and I'm going to try to post at least once a week from here on out. Perhaps I'll get back to posting every other day. For now, I'm taking this writing thing one day at a time.

Comments